We provide this website, our associated websites, and our services under the following terms and conditions. Whenever you use this website, our associated websites, or buy or use any of our services, then you accept these Terms and Conditions (or the Agreement). It is your responsibility to read them carefully.
1. Proofreading and Accuracy. We rely on information provided by you to complete your documents and to advise you. We do not independently verify the information you provide. You must review all documents for completeness and accuracy. Do not send any documents to employers or other third parties without your thorough review. The ultimate responsibility for your documents is yours. We are not liable to you or to third parties for any injury or damage related by or otherwise related to typos, errors, omissions, false statements, or other inaccuracies.
2. Edits. Edits must be requested within more than 30 days of initial document delivery. If you wish to make more edits than those included in your quoted fee, then additional writing, rework and/or consultation fees will apply.
Before requesting edits in response to critiques by career service providers like The Ladders and JobFox, you agree to review the following reports and blogs on those service providers and their resume critiques (or, if these are no longer available, we will provide you with an updated list):
3. Payment, Refunds, Rescheduling, and Cancellations. Generally, you can use our online scheduling system to reschedule or cancel your appointments. Our work and services are custom. You acknowledge our time spent in reviewing your materials, preparing for and conducting client conferences or other client communications, researching and writing of resumes and other documents, and providing all other products and services, is valuable and compensable. You further acknowledge our time reserved for you and your services — which includes time taken away from other clients or uses — is valuable and compensable.
You agree to be prepared and on time for your appointments. Refunds or credits toward other services are at the sole discretion of Shauna C. Bryce, except as may be required by law.
If you repeatedly cancel or reschedule appointments, then Shauna may require you to pay a Reservation Deposit of $295 prior to scheduling any future appointments. This Reservation Deposit is refundable only if you are prepared and on time for the related appointment; otherwise, it is nonrefundable. If you refuse to pay the Reservation Deposit, then Shauna will consider your refusal to be client delay, failure to provide information, or both, under Paragraph 4 of this agreement.
Additional refund policy for one-time service appointments (such as Resume Crams): Again, generally, you can use our online scheduling system to reschedule or cancel your appointments. If you choose to cancel your appointment (rather than reschedule it), then the following cancellation refund policy applies. If you cancel:
- More than 72 hours before, then Shauna may provide a full refund
- Between 24 hours and 72 hours before, then Shauna may provide a 75% refund
- Between 4 hours and 24 hours before, then Shauna may provide a 50% refund
- Between 2 hours and 4 hours before, then Shauna may provide a 25% refund
If you are late for your appointment, then your time is not extended. The missed portion of your appointment is considered satisfied and completed in full.
If you no-show your appointment, then you will receive no refund and Shauna will consider the appointment / service satisfied and completed in full.
If you reschedule less than 72 hours in advance of your appointment — and then cancel — then the cancellation refund policy applies to the rescheduling. If you repeatedly cancel or reschedule appointments, then Shauna may require you to pay a Reservation Deposit as described above. However the amount of the Reservation Deposit will be equal to the cost of the service.
For resume writing and other career portfolio writing services: Payments and purchases — including your initial engagement payment — are not refundable or cancellable. Refunds or credits toward other services are at the sole discretion of Shauna C. Bryce, except as may be required by law.
If you require additional appointment time or additional work time time (whether due to missed appointments, failure to prepare for appointments, failure to complete assigned homework, failure to provide requested information, or otherwise), then Shauna may require you to pay additional fees to complete your project.
You agree that, if our pricing or fee schedules are rejected by a court of law, then such time is alternatively compensable at the rate of US$295 per hour, with a minimum charge of US$295. Such time will further be rounded up to the nearest half hour.
If you must reschedule an appointment, you agree to provide reasonable notice. If you repeatedly reschedule appointments or fail to provide reasonable notice, then Shauna may require you to pay a Reservation Deposit as described above. Alternatively, Shauna may consider the appointment completed in full.
4. Time is of the Essence. By purchasing our services, you agree that time is of the essence. You also expressly acknowledge and waive the right to cancel your purchase, including any right to cancel under state law, other than as outlined above.
Clients can expect services to be delivered within the time frames provided to them, subject to any unforeseen or uncontrollable circumstances such as equipment failure, health issues, or other conditions beyond our control.
Clients are responsible for promptly completing their services, and providing Shauna with information she requests in order to complete their services.
Clients who delay start of their services by 30 days from purchase, or who delay completion of their services beyond 90 days, may be subject to price increases or to additional fees to complete their services, unless otherwise agreed to by Shauna. After one year of purchase, your payments for unused services will be considered satisfaction of administrative and other (tangible and intangible) costs associated with your delay, and those payments will not be credited toward other purchases.
Depending upon their service, clients may be required to complete homework or otherwise provide Shauna with information. If you fail to do so, then Shauna, at her discretion, will (a) complete your service as best she can with whatever information you did provide, (b) postpone your scheduled appointments or completion of your service until you do provide the information, (c) determine your failure to be waiver of follow up or edits to your document, (d) determine your failure to be client delay pursuant to this Paragraph, and/or (e) require additional payment pursuant to Paragraph 3 and/or this Paragraph.
5. Guarantee of Results. While we stand by our work and advice, the ultimate responsibility for your success is yours. We cannot guarantee specific results such as a certain number of interviews or inquiries from legal recruiters, a specific salary, or employment.
We have no control over how you use or edit the documents we prepare for you; we have no control over whether or how your implement our advice. A resume cannot be effective if it is sent to the wrong employers, for the wrong positions, in the wrong format, or not sent out at all. Your job search cannot and will not be efficient or effective unless you – as the jobseeker and client – drive its process and progress. Again, we rely on information provided by you to complete your services and to advise you; we do not independently verify the information you provide.
Further, the recession’s effect on the legal market means the job search, career development, client development, business development, hiring, and other career-related processes are longer and more competitive. Clients must be more assertive and creative in their efforts. While we provide guidance and strategic advice, ultimately you must decide what works best for you.
6. Electronic Files. Because there are many versions of Microsoft Word and other word processing software, we cannot guarantee the compatibility of our files with your systems or that documents will retain their original formatting features. We do not provide technical support on document formatting and cannot guarantee system compatibility or the successful transfer of formatting features. We do not guarantee copies of your electronic or paper files will be retained.
7. Independent Contractors. Shauna C. Bryce and Bryce Legal Career Counsel have no employees. Erika Yocom, Jeanne Goodman, Dave Rosen, Jessica Obrist, and all other persons currently or formerly associated with Bryce Legal Career Counsel and its brands — other than Shauna C. Bryce — are independent contractors who are unable to legally bind Shauna C. Bryce or Bryce Legal Career Counsel.
8. Referral Coaches & Writers / Lawyer Career and Business Development Partners: It is your responsibility to determine whether a particular individual or service meets your needs, including reviewing their individual terms & conditions, contracts, pricing, background, philosophy, and terms of service. Bryce Legal also encourages diversity of opinion, so not all of our referral coaches and writers will have the same style or ideas. Your relationship with these coaches and writers is directly with them. They are independent from us; they are not our employees, contractors, subcontractors, or agents. We do not control their pricing or packaging of services. Your contract or arrangements are with them, not with us. While we make an effort to ensure they meet minimum standards, we make no warranties or guarantees about them or about your experience with them.
9. Copyright. Content on this site is our property and protected by law. The compilation of content on this site is our exclusive property and protected by law. We reserve the right to use our work (including resumes and other work prepared for you) and your questions, comments, and feedback in instructional, promotional, or other material under the brands Bryce Legal, Bryce Legal Career Counsel, How To Get A Legal Job, Ask The Hiring Attorney, or other. We will remove your Personal Information from any such work.
10. Trademarks and Trade Dress. Bryce Legal Career Counsel, Bryce Legal, brycelegal.com, How To Get A Legal Job, Ask The Hiring Attorney, The Art and Craft of the Legal Résumé, resumegalleria, and other marks indicated on our site are our trademarks. Our trademarks and trade dress are protected by law. Among other things, they may not be used (a) in connection with any product or service that is not ours, (b) in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or (c) in any manner that disparages or discredits us. Other trademarks appearing on this site are the property of their respective owners.
11. Privacy. We ask you when we need information that personally identifies you (“Personal Information”). We use your Personal Information to operate our site and services. We may also inform you of our new features, services, and products. Your Personal Information, writing samples, resumes, and other documents and information, are not shared with anyone who is not in a confidential relationship with us, except with your permission.
You authorize us to contact you via any email address, telephone number, or other contact information that you use to contact us, communicate with us, or otherwise provide us, including in the Contact Us form. We are not responsible for any damages related to contacting or communicating with you through these channels.
12. Risk of Loss. We cannot be responsible for technical difficulties related to your email account. We will try to communicate with you via another email account specified by you if you encounter email difficulties.
13. Service & Product Descriptions. We do not warrant that service descriptions or other content of this site is accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a service offered by us is not as described, then your sole remedy is to contact us and allow us to try to satisfy your demands. Bryce Legal Career Counsel, along with its affiliated websites, is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com and its affiliates.
14. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. THIS SITE IS PROVIDED BY BRYCE LEGAL CAREER COUNSEL ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS. WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED AS TO THE OPERATION OF THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION, CONTENT, MATERIALS, OR PRODUCTS INCLUDED ON THIS SITE. YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
TO THE FULL EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF 1) MERCHANTABILITY; 2) FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE; 3) EFFORT TO ACHIEVE PURPOSE; 4) QUALITY; 5) ACCURACY; 6) NON-INFRINGEMENT; 7) QUIET ENJOYMENT; AND 8) TITLE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THIS SITE, ITS SERVERS, OR EMAIL SENT FROM US ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING FROM THE USE OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR WAS GROSSLY NEGLIGENT.
CERTAIN STATE LAWS DO NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN DAMAGES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY TO YOU, SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE DISCLAIMERS, EXCLUSIONS, OR LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND YOU MIGHT HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS. IF THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THE PRECEDING PARAGRAPH ARE HELD INAPPLICABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THEN OUR MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY TYPE OF DAMAGES SHALL BE LIMITED TO US$50.00.
IN NO EVENT WILL SHAUNA C. BRYCE, BRYCE LEGAL CAREER COUNSEL, THEIR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, EDITORS, REPRESENTATIVES, AND INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS BE HELD LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION COMPENSATORY, DIRECT, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF INCOME OR DATA, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, AND CLAIMS OF CLIENTS OR THIRD PARTIES ARISING FROM ANY CLIENTS’ REJECTION FROM ANY UNDERGRADUATE, GRADUATE, OR PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM OR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY OF ANY KIND. YOU SUBMIT WRITING SAMPLES, RESUMES, AND ANY OTHER MATERIAL TO PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYERS OR PROGRAMS AT YOUR OWN RISK. FURTHER, CLIENTS AGREE TO HOLD US HARMLESS FROM ANY ACADEMIC, ADMINISTRATIVE, CRIMINAL, OR CIVIL PROCEEDINGS. IF A CLIENT IS REJECTED BY COLLEGE, GRADUATE SCHOOL, PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMS, POTENTIAL EMPLOYERS, OR OTHERS THEN THE CLIENT HAS NO LEGAL RECOURSE AGAINST US. EVEN IF WE WERE ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR WERE GROSSLY NEGLIGENT.
15. Applicable Law and Choice of Forum. Bryce Legal Career Counsel is a sole proprietorship registered in the State of Maryland. You agree the laws of the state Maryland, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern these Terms and Conditions of Use and any dispute of any sort that might arise with or related to us. You agree any and all disputes relating to us, our services, or this Agreement must be filed in Anne Arundel County District Court, Annapolis, Maryland. No other choice of forum is permitted under this Agreement without the express written consent of Shauna C. Bryce.
16. Site Policies, Modification, and Severability. We reserve the right to make changes to our site, policies, and this Agreement at any time. Any modifications to this Agreement for an individual client must be made in writing by Shauna C. Bryce, and do not constitute a waiver of any other part of this Agreement. If any of these conditions shall be deemed invalid, void, or for any reason unenforceable, that condition shall be deemed severable and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining condition.
17. Additional Provisions for Participants in The Lawyer Career and Business Development Partnership Program: You agree to maintain all applicable licensing, to maintain adequate insurance, to fairly and accurately represent your products and services (including keeping your profile on our site up to date), and to treat clients and prospective clients ethically. You agree not to represent yourself as our employee, agent, or contractor. You agree that your products, services, and client relationships are your responsibility. You agree to indemnify us for any costs, including legal costs, we incur as a result of your conduct or of your relationships / disputes with your clients.
(a) If Shauna or her assistant is personally involved in referring a client to you, then you agree to promptly pay us a 15% referral fee of the first purchase. There is no referral fee for later purchases or for other clients.
(b) We reserve the right to terminate you from The Lawyer Career and Business Development Partnership Program if we, in our discretion, determine that you have not complied with our standards, Rules for Article Submission, or other incorporated agreements, or these Terms and Conditions. Termination may be immediate and will be without compensation or refund. Termination may mean removal of all Articles, content, and profile pages, at our discretion. Likewise, at our discretion, we may choose to keep your Articles published on our website.
(c) If you cancel, choose not to renew, or otherwise allow your membership in the program, then we likewise reserve the right to remove, unpublish, or deactivate of all your Articles, content, and profile pages, at our discretion. Likewise, at our discretion, we may choose to keep your Articles published on our website.